A crown is a kind of dental restoration that we may recommend if a tooth is severely decayed or damaged. If a dental filling will not sufficiently restore the tooth, a dental crown can be used to return the tooth to its original size, shape, and appearance. After the custom-made crown is placed, your tooth will be restored to optimal function and health. Each dental crown in Douglas, Arizona is custom made to entirely cover the damaged tooth, beginning at the gum line. Dental crowns can be used for a number of purposes, including:
- To protect a tooth that has undergone root canal treatment
- To restore a seriously damaged or decayed tooth
- To improve the function and appearance of an irregularly shaped tooth
- To attach a dental bridge
- To strengthen a cracked or weakened tooth
- To enhance the beauty of your smile
Our skilled dentists, Drs. Adams, Haws, and Evans, will help you decide whether a dental crown is right for your smile. In most cases, your crown can be completed in just two visits to Douglas Dental. For more information on dental crowns, we welcome you to contact our office today.