A dental bridge is a type of restoration used to replace one or more missing teeth. If you are interested in a tooth replacement that is stable and natural looking, our knowledgeable dentists may recommend a bridge. A dental bridge is used to literally bridge the gap between remaining teeth after one or more teeth have been lost or removed. Each bridge consists of one or more artificial teeth and two dental crowns. We place the crowns on the teeth next to the gap in order to anchor the replacement teeth and provide a stable, lasting restoration. Drs. Adams, Haws, and Evans may recommend a dental bridge in Douglas, Arizona in order to:
- Restore the volume and shape of your face
- Alleviate uneven stress on the bite
- Prevent the remaining natural teeth from moving into the space left by the missing teeth
- Improve your ability to correctly speak, chew, and eat
- Enhance the beauty of your smile
A dental bridge may be a good option if you are interested in a tooth replacement that is more permanent and secure than a removable partial denture. To learn more about dental bridges and our other tooth replacement options, please contact us at Douglas Dental today!